Unwanted hair that grows on our face looks awkward. Facial hair starts developing in men in the later years of puberty or adolescence and in women after menopause. Especially for women unwanted hair on face makes her feel embarrassed. Normal noticeable facial hair growth is not a big problem but when there is an excessive hairiness (especially facially) which is due to hormonal variation affect the perfect look of any person. This excessive hairiness (especially facially) is known as Hirsutism. To get rid of unwanted hair, people try so many things but it is very difficult to get rid of them. The first thing that you need is that you should have patience before trying home remedies.
We are providing you home remedies to get rid of unwanted hair. Natural home remedies are without any side effects, easily available and much cheaper. By using this measure you can prevent unwanted hair from growing back also.
1. Homemade Sugar Wax-
- 2 tbs of granulated Sugar (brown or white)
- 1 tbs honey
- Mix sugar, honey and water.
- Heat the mixture in a microwave or on a stove for about half a minute until it bubbles and turns brown. Now, allow it to cool.
- Apply it on the areas where you want to remove the hair, by using a spatula.
- Place a cloth strip over the sugar wax and smooth it out with your fingers in the direction of the hair growth.
- Finally, rip it off in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Repeat as needed.
2. Sugar and Lemon Mix for Facial Hair-
Lemon is natural bleach because of its astringent properties. And sugar mixed with water will help in exfoliating your face.
- 2 tablespoons of Sugar+ 2 teaspoons of lemon+ 10 tablespoons of water
- Mix it well so that no sugar granules left
- Apply it on the opposite direction of hair growth
- After 15 minutes wash your face and gently rub it.
- Repeat thrice a week.
3. Chickpea Flour Pack-
To remove dead skin and hair, to lighten the color of your skin and facial hair you can go for Chickpea flour or gram flour or besan pack
- 2 tbs of chickpea flour
- 1 tbs of milk cream
- 1 and ½ tbs of milk
- ¾ tbs of turmeric
- Mix it and make a thick pack.
- Apply this pack for 20 minutes or until it dries.
- Scrub it off using a facial loofah pad or simply a soft cloth dipped in lukewarm water.
- Do this at least three or four times a week for about a month.
- 1 tbs of chickpea flour
- ½ tbs of plain yogurt
- ¼ tbs of turmeric
- 1 tbs of Rose water
- Mix it and apply this paste for 20 minutes.
- 2 tbs of chickpea flour
- ¼ tbs of turmeric
- ½ tbs of milk
- Mix it and make a thick paste and use it for facial hair removal.
4. Green Gram Flour and Rose Water Pack
gram flour for hair removal
Green gram flour with rose water works as a natural cleanser for sensitive and acne prone skin and also acts as a natural hair removal through exfoliation.
- 1 and ½ tbs of rose water
- 2 tbs of green gram flour
- 1 tbs of lemon juiceMix it and make a thick paste and spread on your face and leave it for 20-25 minutes. Scrub it after it gets dried. Do this three to four times a week.
5. Spearmint Tea
Spearmint tea is very helpful in regulating hormonal level.
A study conducted by Turkish researchers indicates that spearmint tea can help women with hirsutism. The study subjects were given herbal spearmint tea twice a day for five days in the follicular phase of their menstrual cycles. The follicular phase begins on the first day of your cycle and lasts about 14 days.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbs of dried spearmint
- 4-5 fresh spearmint leaves( If you Have)Boil a cup of water and add leaves. Cover the container for 5-10 minutes. Strain and drink the tea. Have it twice a day.
6.Sugar, Honey and Lemon Mixture for hair on Legs and Arms
To remove unwanted hair from your body go for sugar, honey and lemon pack. It acts like a wax.
- 1 tbs of sugar
- 1 tbs of lemon juice
- 1 tbs of organic honey
- Water (optional to make the paste thinner)
- Cornstarch or all purpose flour- 1 to 2 teaspoons
- Piece of cloth or waxing strip
- Spatula for waxing or butter knife.
- Take a bowl and add sugar, lemon and honey and mix them.
- For 3 min heat this mixture, so that it becomes a smooth free flowing paste.
- Allow this mixture to cool. If you find the paste to be a bit thick, you can add water.
- First clean the body parts where you have to apply this paste and then dust it with cornstarch or all purpose flour.
- To remove unwanted hair from your body parts apply this mixture by using the waxing spatula.
- Apply this paste in the direction of the hair growth and cover it with a cloth or waxing strips and press to make it stick on the paste.
- When you pull the cloth, pull the strip in the opposite direction of your hair growth.
7. Sugar Molasses Home Wax
The main component seen in molasses is Magnesium that will help in balancing the hormones. Slowly you will get relief from unwanted hair when you use this. This wax is prepared by mixing Sugar and molasses or corn syrup and is very effective to remove unwanted hair from your hands and legs.
- 1 cup sugar
- Molasses’ or dark corn syrup
- ½ lemon juice
- Cloth or waxing strip
- Take sugar in a microwave safe vessel
- On the top of the sugar add a drizzle of molasses and microwave the vessel for 2-3 minutes.
- When sugar dissolves completely add freshly squeezed lemon juice into this mixture.
- Stir well and if needed you can microwave the mixture for another two to three minutes until all ingredients blend well.
- Allow it to cool at room temperature and when the liquid is a bit warm apply it on the hands and the legs where you see unwanted hair growth.
- Now place the waxing strip on this applied mixture and press it.
- Pull it off to get rid of unwanted hair and repeat this process whenever you spot unwanted hair growth on hands and legs. This is a painful process.
8. Combination of Lentil and Potatoes
Potatoes have natural bleach properties in them. And combination of potatoes with yellow lentil helps in making the hair color lighter. It is an Ayurvedic treatment help in removing unwanted hair.
- 1 potato
- A bowl of yellow lentil
- 1 tbs of honey
- 4 tbs of lemon juice
- Sieve or cloth
- Soak yellow lentil in water overnight.
- Take a potato and peel off the skin and crush it. Put it in a bowl.
- Strain the lentil and make a paste by using your grinder
- From crushed potatoes extract the juice and mix it to the yellow lentil paste.
- Add lemon juice and honey with the paste and mix well.
- Apply this mixture on your face and other parts of the body where you have unwanted hair.
- Leave it to rest on your body parts for about 20 to 30 minutes or until the paste completely dries out.
- Now remove the paste from the applied area by rubbing your fingers over the paste. The dry lentil paste will pull off the hair from your body as you rub the paste.
- Repeat this process two to three times in a fortnight to get rid of unwanted hair completely.
9. Alum Rosewater Therapy
Alum is easily available in the market in powdered form and commonly used by the women in India and Pakistan to get rid of unwanted hair.
- ½ tbs of alum powder
- 2-3 tbs of rose water
- Olive oil or sesame oil (few Drops)
- Cotton ball for application
- Take a small bowl and mix alum powder with rose water.
- With the help of a spoon dissolve the powder completely in rose water
- Take a cotton ball and dip it in the rose water mixture.
- Apply this mixture on the areas where you have unwanted hair.
- When it dries off completely, apply the rose water and alum powder mixture once again.
- Repeat this process for an hour. If you have sensitive skin, then it is better to stop the process after 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash it off completely and then dab some sesame oil or olive oil to moisturize the area.
- Repeat this process three to four times in a week for a few weeks to completely get rid of unwanted hair.
10. Egg Mask for Facial Hair Removal
Egg includes egg white which is a sticky substance. Applications of egg white in your pack make your pack sticky. Once your pack dries it becomes very easy to remove from your face. When you are removing your pack the unwanted facial hair also come along with it. While removing be careful because you may feel some pain so slowly remove your pack.
½ tbs of Corn flour
1 tbs of sugar
Take a bowl and take the egg white from the egg
Mix sugar and corn flour in it and make a smooth paste
Apply this pack on your face and leave it for 20-25 minutes or till it dries.
And when it dries it turns into a thin egg mask
Now peel off the egg mask using your hand in such a way that the facial hair also is pulled out.
When you repeat this procedure 2-3 times in a week, you will completely get rid of facial hair.
11. Banana and Oatmeal As a Scrubber
Banana softens your skin and oatmeal works as a cleanser for your skin. When both the ingredients are mixed together they are very helpful in removing unwanted hair from the body and also exfoliating your skin.
1 ripe banana
1-2 tbs of oatmeal
Take a bowl and mash ripe banana and make a paste.
Add oatmeal and mix it well
Apply this paste on unwanted hairs on your body and then rub it in circular motion.
Allow this paste to sit on unwanted hair areas for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it off with water to remove the paste completely.
Repeat this process two times in a week for a few weeks to get rid of unwanted hair from your body parts as well as face.
12. Raw Papaya
Raw papaya is a good source of Papin. According to report papin works on getting rid of unwanted hair. Papin weakens the follicles of hair and prevents its re-growth when you used it regularly. You can use papaya as a face pack. How to make face pack?
Method – 1.
½ tablespoon raw papaya paste
½ tablespoon of turmeric powder
Mix it and make a thick paste.
Apply this on your face and massage for 15 mins.
Let it dry.
Clean your face with water.
Repeat twice a week.
1 tbs of Papaya paste or ¼ tbs of papaya powder
¼ tbs of turmeric powder
¼ tbs of gram flour
4 tbs of aloe vera gel
2 tbs of mustard oil
2 drops of lavender oil
Mix it and make a thick paste.
Apply it on your face in the opposite direction of hair growth.
After 20 minutes wash your face
Now use a clean cloth to rub on the opposite direction of growth.
After all the paste is cleaned, wash face again and pat dry.
Finally, massage your skin applying olive oil or baby oil
Repeat thrice a week.
Turmeric is good for many skin problems and wounds because of its antibacterial and anti inflammatory properties. It also helps to curb hair growth when you apply regularly.
1-2 tbs of turmeric powder
Sufficient quantity of rose water or milk or water
Make a paste using above ingredients ( soak turmeric powder)
Apply on your face
After 15 minutes wash your face using warm water
14. Safflower Oil- Thanaka Combination Pack
This pack is very helpful in easily getting rid of unwanted hair on the face and other body parts. Thanaka is a yellowish powder collected from the bark of Thanaka tree in Myanmar and is used for cosmetic purposes. Safflower works as a cleanser and makes your skin softer and smoother and thanaka powder is a natural body hair inhibitor.
Thanaka powder as per your need
Safflower oil sufficient amount
In a bowl mix thanaka powder and safflower oil.
Apply this mixture on the body areas where you want to remove the unwanted hair and leave it to rest there overnight.
In the early next morning wash it off with water
Use this mixture every day for two to three months to see effective results.
15. Onion and Basil
Onion when mixed with basil leaves works as a hair remover. To prepare this pack you have to collect the thin transparent membranes of onion skin that lies between the onion layers. Onion is a natural home ingredient that is very helpful in making your skin look beautiful.
2 medium sized onions
10-12 basil leaves
From 2 onions take the thin onion membrane and crush it with basil leaves to make a paste.
Apply this paste.
Leave it for 20-25 minutes
Wash it off and pat dry. Repeat this process 3-4 times a week for one to two months to remove the unwanted hair from your body.
.Continue this process until the hair is completely removed.
16. Camphor- White Pepper Combination for Removing Unwanted Hair from Legs
For sensitive skin this combination is not advisable as they are very strong and might cause burning sensation. And it is also advisable that this combination has to be used only on the legs. Avoid kerosene oil.
2 tbs of white pepper
2 tbs of camphor
Almond oil to mix
Make a fine powder of white pepper in a grinder and mix it with camphor in a bowl.
To mix these two ingredients add a few drops of almond oil
Apply this paste on the legs and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
Wash your legs using water and you will find that hair is also coming out along with this paste.
Whenever you want to remove unwanted hair repeat this process.
17. Indian Nettle and Turmeric Therapy-
As you already know turmeric is good for all skin problems. And when Indian nettle combines with turmeric powder it works as an effective hair remover. Indian nettle is a natural medicinal herb and also known as wonder herb because of its disease treating character.
Few fresh Indian Nettle or neem leaves
Dried turmeric powder
Few drops of water
Take leaves and crush them finely
Add turmeric powder and few drops to water to make into a paste. Make sure that the paste is not loose or too thin.
Apply this paste as a mask on the areas where you want to remove hair growth.
Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes or until the mixture dries completely.
Peel of this mask to get rid of unwanted hair from the body.
Regular use of this mixture will help in effectively removing unwanted hair growth all over your body.
18. Intake of foods rich in Phytoestrogen-
Hormonal imbalance causes an increase in male hormones like testosterone and a decrease in female hormones like estrogen that result in appearance of unwanted hair. If you take foods that are rich in phytoestrogens, then you can reverse this effect.
Licorice, Flax seeds, Fennel seeds or herbs, Tofu, Soya Milk, Alfalfa, Brahmi herb are some of the foods rich in phytoestrogens.
19. Healthy diet and Regular Exercise-
Hormones are regulated well when you consume healthy foods and in regular exercise. Hormonal imbalances will be controlled and prevent unwanted hair growth.
20. Intake of Blackstrap Molasses-
Blackstrap molasses is one that is rich in minerals, iron and includes all the right minerals that will reduce the growth of hair in unwanted places. And gradually you will find that growth of hair in unwanted places stops. Deficiency of essential minerals is normally found in women. This results in losing hair from scalp or having hair in unwanted places.
2 tbs of blackstrap molasses
Eat 2 heaped tbs of molasses everyday.
If you are suffering from diabetes or taking health supplements first of all consult your doctor.
21. Red Lentil Face Pack-
To make your skin smooth, clean and soft red lentil is the best option. It also works as a face scrubber. An excellent natural home remedy for removing unwanted hair.
½ a cup of red lentils
Grind red lentils into fine powder.
In a bowl take 2 tbs of this powder and add sufficient quantity of honey and milk to form a smooth paste
Let the mixture rest in the bowl for about 15 to 20 minutes. For future use you can safely store the rest of the lentil powder in an airtight container.
Apply this mixture on our face and leave it for about 20 to 25 minutes.
Once dry, scrub it gently on face and then wash it off with water.
Repeat this process three to four times a week. If you have dry skin, then it is better to use this mixture on the skin just once a week.
Adding rose water, sandalwood powder, potato juice or dried orange peel powder to this pate will help in removing facial hair as well as brightening the skin tone.