Fruits and vegetables are important for your health. Fruits and vegetables provide health benefits and protect you from illness. Eating more fruits and vegetables as part of a healthy diet is an important key to help boost immune health. Fruits and vegetables have been shown to help protect against heart disease, stroke, certain types of cancer, gastrointestinal issues, high blood pressure, eye disease and more.
To keep your immune system running smoothly, you need essential nutrients, ranging from disease-fighting antioxidants to bone-building heavy metals.
Get your vitamins and minerals naturally-
1. Broccoli- Broccoli is known to be hearty and tasty vegetable which is rich in dozens of nutrients. Half a cup of cooked broccoli contains only 27 calories and 0.3 grams of fat. Broccoli is high in fiber. Broccoli contains high levels of both calcium (vitamin C) and vitamin K.
2. Cabbage- Rich in phyto-nutrient anti-oxidants. Fresh cabbage is an excellent source of natural antioxidant, vitamin C, vitamin B-5, vitamin B-6, and vitamin B-1. It also contains an adequate amount of minerals like potassium, manganese, iron, and magnesium.
3. Cauliflower- A raw white cauliflower provides 25 calories, is low in fat, carbohydrates, dietary fiber and protein. It has a high content of vitamin C and moderate levels of several B vitamins and vitamin K.
6. Lettuce-Lettuce is an excellent source of vitamin K and vitamin A, with higher concentrations of the provitamin A compound, beta-carotene, found in darker green lettuces, such as Romaine. Lettuce is also a good source of folate and iron.
7. Spinach- Green, leafy vegetables like spinach are the best source of vitamin k, vitamin A (in the form of carotenoids), manganese, folate, magnesium, iron, copper, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin E, calcium, potassium, and vitamin C. It is a very good source of dietary fiber, phosphorus, vitamin B1, zinc, protein.A healthy diet along with exercise and a healthy lifestyle gives you lasting energy for whatever you do.